Extension Setup: QuickBooks Merchant Services Integrated Payments
Hello! Let me firstly thank you for your purchase. I will try to make these instructions as
simplistic as possible but it will definitely will be something I'm constantly improving. If you
have any questions please contact me.
Installing the Magento Extension
Extract/Decompress the downloaded extension archive to your local machine
Connect to your web server (usually through an FTP client)
Create a folder named "EsteSolutions" under app/code (create the folder 'code' also if it doesn't exist)
Create another folder named "QBMSPayments" under app/code/EsteSolutions
Transfer all the extension's files and folders to your web server under the folder /app/code/EsteSolutions/QBMSPayments
You will now need to ssh onto your webserver to run the following command
From your Magento root (contains the folder app, lib as a reference) run the following two commands:
- "php bin/magento setup:upgrade"
- "php bin/magento cache:clean"
Do you have a QBMS merchant account?
I currently don't have one:
This process should be started as soon as possible as Inuit estimates it will take 10 days to complete. Intuit offers the following to new customers,(can't validate that it is a good deal): Set up fee waived - savings of $59.99 Monthly service fee waived for first 2 months - savings of $39.98 Use the following URL to signup and take advantage of this offer:
Yes I already do:
Awesome you will use this account in the production setup. There are no additional monthly service fees or add-ons you will need from Intuit
Integrating with your Magento Store
Intuit QBMS Integrated Payments runs in two different mode a TEST mode that they call "PTC" and a PRODUCTION mode. TEST mode is quick and easy to setup and all payment transactions processed are just for testing purposes. The PRODUCTION mode requires a live QBMS merchant account. All payment transactions processed are real and will be deducted from the credit card entered.
If you already have a merchant account I would recommend going straight to production mode. For testing just purchase a product for 1 cent and then on your merchant account you can refund the amount. Disclaimer, if you refunding a hundred purchases Intuit may get upset.
Setting up TEST Mode
1. Inside your Magento admin navigate to the Intuit Merchant Services configuration. (System > Configuration > Payment Methods > Intuit QuickBooks Merchant Services). Switch the "Test Mode" flag to "Yes"
2. Become an IPP Developer See Intuit's Document for Steps
3. Register your application in PTC See Intuit's Document for Steps
4. Get a Test Merchant Account in PTC See Intuit's Document for Steps
5. Create a Connection Ticket in PTC See Intuit's Document for Steps
Take the ticket key generated for you and enter it into the Intuit Merchant Services configuration inside your Magento admin inside the box "Connection Ticket Key"
Setting up Production Mode
1. Inside your Magento admin navigate to the Intuit Merchant Services configuration (System > Configuration > Payment Methods > Intuit QuickBooks Merchant Services) make sure "Test Mode" flag is set to "No".
3. You'll need to register (same as TEST mode) your production application. Use the settings Application Type=Desktop, and Environment=Production. See Intuit's Document for Steps.
- Note: To get to the Create New App page you will have to click through a few pages. The image below will show you how to get there.
- Verify This Step After signing into http://developer.intuit.com select "My Apps" from the top-right header menu and click "Manage My Apps" from the drop down menu. The apps you have set up should look like this: (note I have one for Production mode and one for Test. If you skipped setting up Test mode you will only need the Production one)
4. Take the Production app you created in the last in http://developer.intuit.com and enter the "App login" into the Intuit Merchant Services configuration inside your Magento admin for the text box named "Application Login"
5. Create your Connection Ticket in Production. Again Intuit's Document only covers Test mode (See Intuit's Document for Test Mode Steps Only). Instead you will have to use the following url to link your app to your merchant account: https://merchantaccount.quickbooks.com/j/sdkconnection?appid=YourAppID&sessionEnabled=false . Remember to switch out "YourAppID" with the app id from the Production app you created inside http://developer.intuit.com. Following the created link will step you through the process to getting your connection ticket key. Take the ticket key generated for you and enter it into the Intuit Merchant Services configuration inside your Magento admin for the text box named "Connection Ticket Key"
- You can leave the Log Level input box to the default Error. If you are having issues with the setup changing this will print out more messages to your log file that will help debug the issue.
Payment Error While Order Being Placed
After finishing all the setup steps test your configurations by placing an order using the new payment method. If you receive an error and do not reach the order success page please watching the "Debugging" video below. It will help you do some preliminary investigation yourself. If you still can not get an order through it will also show you how to collect more detailed debugging information to send to us at support[at]estesolutions.com for help.