Extension Setup: QuickBooks Merchant Services Hosted Paypage
Hello! Let me firstly thank you for your purchase. I will try to make these instructions as
simplistic as possible but it will definitely will be something I'm constantly improving. If you
have any questions please contact me.
Installing the Magento Extension
Make sure Magento's "compiler" is disabled. Inside Magento's Admin Panel select System > Tools > Compilation from the menu bar. If you see the line item "Compiler Status" as "Enabled", click the "Disable" button in the top right.
Installation Option #1: Magento Connect Manager (quickest & easiest)
Inside Magento's Admin Panel select System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager from the menu bar. In the section "Direct package file upload" click the Browse button and find the downloaded compressed extension file. Afterward click the Upload button.
Installation Option #2: Manual (only if option #1 doesn't work)
Extract/Decompress the downloaded extension archive to your local machine Connect to your web server (usually through an FTP client).
Transfer the extension files over to your webserver Copy the folder named "EsteSolutions" (under /app/code/community/) to your web server under the community folder at the same location. Copy the file named "qbmspayment.xml" (under /app/design/frontent/base/default/layout/) to your web server under the layout folder at the same location. Copy the file named "EsteSolutions_QBMSPayment.xml" (under /app/etc/modules/) to your webserver under the modules folder at the same location. Refresh your cache at System > Cache Management, especially the 'config' cache.
Do you have a QBMS merchant account?
I currently don't have one:
This process should be started as soon as possible as Inuit estimates it will take 10 days to complete. Intuit offers the following to new customers,(can't validate that it is a good deal): Set up fee waived - savings of $59.99 Monthly service fee waived for first 2 months - savings of $39.98 Use the following URL to signup and take advantage of this offer:
Yes I already do:
You can turn on Hosted PayPage processing for an existing merchant account. There are no additional monthly service fees. Sign into the Intuit Merchant Service Center (http://merchantcenter.intuit.com) Navigate to "Processing Information" (Account->Processing Information). Turn on the radio button associatted with "Process with Hosted PayPage" If this options is greyed out and you can't switch the radio button to "on" then you need to call Intuit support to get this feature enabled for you account.
** If you get a support agent that knows what they are doing please email me and let me know their name and phone number as this experience can be really bad. If I could get just one name I will pass it on to everyone else. Thanks! **
Integrating with your Magento Store
Intuit QBMS Hosted PayPage runs in two different mode a TEST mode that they call "PTC" and a PRODUCTION mode. TEST mode is quick and easy to setup and all payment transactions processed are just for testing purposes. The PRODUCTION mode requires a live QBMS merchant account. All payment transactions processed are real and will be deducted from the credit card entered.
If you already have a merchant account I would recommend going straight to production mode. For testing just purchase a product for 1 cent and then on your merchant account you can refund the amount. Disclaimer, if you refunding a hundred purchases Intuit may get upset.
Setting up TEST Mode
1. Inside your Magento admin navigate to the Intuit Merchant Services configuration. (System > Configuration > Payment Methods > Intuit QuickBooks Merchant Services). Switch the "Test Mode" flag to "Yes"
2. Become an IPP Developer See Intuit's Document for Steps
3. Get a Test Merchant Account in PTC See Intuit's Document for Steps
4. Configure PayPage for Merchant Account in PTC See Intuit's Document for Steps In the PayPage Terminal section select "Send results to the web address below" and enter the following url back to your site in the box below; http://<<your domain>>/qbmspayment/hosted/return . If your site has an SSL Certificate installed you will have to change the protocol of the url above to "https://" from "http://". Make sure to hit "Save Changes".
5. Create a Connection Ticket in PTC See Intuit's Document for Steps
Take the ticket key generated for you and enter it into the Intuit Merchant Services configuration inside your Magento admin inside the box "Connection Ticket Key"
Setting up Production Mode
Make sure your merchant account has Hosted PayPage processing turned on (steps above in "Yes I already do" have a merchant account section).
1. Inside your Magento admin navigate to the Intuit Merchant Services configuration (System > Configuration > Payment Methods > Intuit QuickBooks Merchant Services) make sure "Test Mode" flag is set to "No".
3. You'll need to register (same as TEST mode) your production application. Use the settings Application Type=Desktop, and Environment=Production. See Intuit's Document for Steps.
- Note: To get to the Create New App page you will have to click through a few pages. The image below will show you how to get there.
- Verify This Step After signing into http://developer.intuit.com select "My Apps" from the top-right header menu and click "Manage My Apps" from the drop down menu. The apps you have set up should look like this: (note I have one for Production mode and one for Test. If you skipped setting up Test mode you will only need the Production one)
4. Take the Production app you created in the last in http://developer.intuit.com and enter the "App login" into the Intuit Merchant Services configuration inside your Magento admin for the text box named "Application Login"
5. Configure PayPage for Merchant Account in Production. Unfortunately Intuit's Document only covers Test mode ( See Intuit's Document for Test Mode Steps Only) Instead use the production merchant account website (https://merchantcenter.intuit.com). Also in the PayPage Terminal section select "Send results to the web address below" and enter the following url back to your site in the box below; http://<<your domain>>/qbmspayment/hosted/return . If your site has an SSL Certificate installed you will have to change the protocol of the url above to "https://" from "http://". Make sure to hit "Save Changes".
6. Create your Connection Ticket in Production. Again Intuit's Document only covers Test mode (See Intuit's Document for Test Mode Steps Only). Instead you will have to use the following url to link your app to your merchant account: https://merchantaccount.quickbooks.com/j/sdkconnection?appid=YourAppID&sessionEnabled=false . Remember to switch out "YourAppID" with the app id from the Production app you created inside http://developer.intuit.com. Following the created link will step you through the process to getting your connection ticket key. Take the ticket key generated for you and enter it into the Intuit Merchant Services configuration inside your Magento admin for the text box named "Connection Ticket Key"